Finally.... some results from all my unplugging and switching off and turning down and and and... you get the picture.
We have an equal payment plan with BC Hydro which enables us to more effectively budget our electricity costs from month to month. They estimate your monthly cost based on previous consumption and bill you accordingly. October is the yearly anniversary month, when they tally up where you stand.
If you've consumed more than you've been billed, you get a larger bill. However if you consume less, you get a smaller bill or a credit.
In the past we've gotten credits in October, but never close to this year: $400.52!! In addition to this, they've adjusted our monthly billing rate from $148 to $107. The net result of this is that we will get almost 4 months of "free" hydro (actually pre-paid), just as we're heading into the expensive holiday season.
My Latest Tweet
- ► 2009 (21)
- 6 Tips For Saving Money On Halloween
- Saving Money By Using Fewer Paper Towels
- Make Money By Writing Articles
- Getting Coupons In The Mail (Canada)
- Are Cats Affordable Pets?
- Oprah and Kindle
- Saving Money On Hydro
- 5 Spouse Spending Strategies - What To Do When You...
- Blend and Extend
- Energy Star Rebates
- Customer Service Discounts
- 5 Saving Money Tips We Already Follow
- 5 $$$ Things I Am Thankful For
- First Post
- ▼ October (14)