I was at the mall today and lucked into a sale at The Children's Place - everything in the store was 30% off. I signed up for their store card and got an additional 10% off, for a total discount of 40%. Not bad. I bought some clothes for the kids for Christmas.
I then went to Old Navy where they were having at 50% sale - but on only some of the items. I found a pair of pants that I liked for my daughter, but they weren't marked down. I thought I'd ask anyway, and made a firm decision to not purchase them if they weren't marked down.
I asked the cashier (who overheard me tell my friend I wasn't going to buy them unless they were marked down) and she told me that they had a "promo discount" of 25%. Hmmm. I bought them, all the while wondering if the discount would have been applied if I hadn't asked about it...
Return to Jeanne's Blog List
My Latest Tweet
- ► 2009 (21)
- At The Mall Today...
- It Pays To Compare Prices
- Photo Calendar Sale
- Tackling Credit Card Debt
- Organizing Coupons
- Saving Money On Cat Litter
- The Danger Signs by Suze Orman
- 10 Things To Try Using Less Of
- 15 Ways To Save Money On Kids' Clothes
- Sport Mart Sale
- Circuit City Tip
- 8 Tips For Saving Money On Food
- 6 Saving Money Tips For Parents
- Nickel And Dime
- Saving Money By Catching Scanning Errors
- ▼ November (15)